Quake Skin Finalists:
Quake2 Skin Finalists:
H3D continues to work closely with 3Dfx to include native support in both the mini-driver for OpenGL and Glide 2.45. As we mentioned in our last update, this is part of our effort to provide a stable and supportable driver platform for stereo in Quake II and many future games based on the Quake II and other 3D graphic engines. To be consistent with this effort, H3D has decided not to release Quake II support until the H3D functionality has been included natively in both of these drivers. The current test plan calls for this to be completed by the end of February. In the meantime, H3D will also be working with id to improve the H3D implementation to correct a text legibility problem and some other minor improvements. We will release the Quake II support without these changes if necessary - but we would like to get them in.The rest of letter had an apology about the lack of Quake2 support. Stick in there, guys! Quake2 support will be worth waiting for ;)
"The team from Monkey's Fort has started a Quake2 TC! But to get the TC started we need your help! We have a few positions open for programmers, mappers, and skin artists for our upcoming Quake 2 TC. We are not releasing any info about the TC yet but let's just say from what we have right now its going to rock! :-) If you would like more information or if your talented in one of the fields mentioned above and would be interested in helping out please E-mail me at: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.orgFamkeBot Interview
HERE IT IS! The free RETAIL UPGRADE Version of qED2! ONE program, supports THREE major game engines (and numerous Add-On's)!Bwa. There you are. :)
This 1 package includes qED2 for Quake, X-Men, Hexen2, and Quake2!
For Win95/98/NT4 users who own the fully registered retail copy of the prior qED version. This is a FULL release with complete documentation and ALL the fantastic new features! Owners of the Retail/Full version of qED V1.x can download this massive new release NOW and receive complete functionality.
This package is a bit large, in part because of the extensive new documentation included.
DOWNLOAD NOW : qed2update.exe (3.3MB) from http://www.3dmatrix.com/qed2upgrade.htm
(Please contact email@example.com before you re-post this file at other sites.)
Download this to a temporary directory on your computer. Execute qed2update. During the install the program will require access to a valid copy of qED V1 to complete normally. Note that this package will install into a different directory than your existing qED V1.x program so that there should be no conflict with your current projects.
Don't own qED1 but want full qED2 now? Just find your best deal on the qED1 package and then grab this free upgrade. Visit http://www.3dmatrix.com/ for help in finding product outlets.
Powerful editing features, massive documentation included, KEWL!
James R. Shiflett, Worldwide MicroTronics, Inc.
PO Box 8759 Spring, TX 77387-8759 USA
SECURED E-MAIL PGP DATA 1024/67A21B75 1995/03/26
Visit our WEB at http://www.microtronics.com/
Visit our GAME site at http://www.3dmatrix.com/
Quake 2: QBSP3WAL ReleasedThanks Prophet.
QBSP3WAL, a modified version of QBSP for Quake 2 that can read Quake 1 textures, has been released. This file is a temporary fix made by a QuArK user that allows the use of custom textures with Quake 2. This file should be usuable in conjunction with various Quake 2 Level editors - not just Quark.
According to the Quark (Quake Army Knife) page, "The next release of QuArK will be able to produce custom Quake 2 .wal files with all enhancements that you don't get with this trick : long names (up to 32 instead of 16 characters), texture-specific flags, etc".
QBSP3WAL can be found here.
Version 0.95 of The War of CTF, a Capture the Flag mod for Quake 2, has been released. The following additions/fixes have been implemented in Version 0.95:Again, thanks Prophet (you little newshound, you :)
* Fix for big names in newitems.ini.
* Items can be added in the game.
* You can turn off CTF. (and still have the hook and other things)
* Bug fix for the elevator-flag-hook bug. (at least one person knows what this is)
* A happy CTFWAR user (Chris) has added entites to the command map.
War of CTF features base spawn positions, entities for the first 13 levels, editable MOTD and level list, Auto team selection or user team selection, Grappling hook. (you can't change weapon when you use it), Easily read team score, average, ping, and team player data, and a new HUD with all available weapons.
Version .95, and the new Linux version can be found on the War of CTF download page. Further information on this mod can be found here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------The Quake2 Cluster Project Update
Battle of the Sexes v2.1
New to this version are special abilities for Captain, Berzerker and Nurse class and important bug fixes:
1) Bodyguards can absorb a kamikazee's suicide. For example, if a kamikazee ran into a group of people, if one of the enemy players is a bodyguard, all the damage will be absorbed by the bodyguard and the rest of the players will be safe. This also includes Apocalypse.
2) Added "scout" command for Berzerker class. The scout command lists the total number of players playing each class. This is especially useful for a team in determining how to defend or attack another team based on the different classes they are using.
3) Added bonus to scoring if the team has a Captain. If your team has a Captain then it will score 15 points per capture instead of just 10. However, if the opposing team kills your Captain they get 10 points as if they captured your key.
4) If the nurse touches a teammate with the grapple they will be healed to maximum health.
5) Allow females to carry enough grenades for Apocalypse suicide as kamikazee.
6) Added timer to map voting. The most popular map automatically loads 60 seconds after the first vote has been cast if less than 3 people are playing. If 3 or more people are playing, the timer does not start until 2 people have voted.
7) You can now send messages to just your team. type "cmd sayteam [your message]" in the console, where [your message] is the message you want to send. This is still a bit cumbersome so the best method is to probably bind a key to send some standard messages like: bind F1 "cmd sayteam I need help at our base!"
8) Every 90 seconds the leading team score is announced.
1) Fixed intermittent server crash bug... finally... :)
2) Fixed frame error message that sometimes prevented you from seeing
what people were typing. Also the cause for overflow in some cases.
3) Fixed bug that prevented keys from being generated when a new level was loaded.
4) fov problem has been fixed. Players can now properly change the fov.
5) Fixed null skin errors. Also fixed problem of men wearing female skins and vice-versa.
6)Hook can no longer be attached to the sky.
7) Team scores are cleared when a new level is loaded.
Check out the full details on the website.
Please send your comments and suggestions and servers to:
Well, Bear and I took our r/c helis out for the firstSite Updates
time over the weekend. Since this was the first time
out we made sure to hook up with some people who knew
what they were doing and could help us out. We were
fortunate enough to find Ed Walker who runs RC Online
here in the Dallas area (www.rconline.com). He and the
guys at AeroHobbies got one of our machines trimmed out
and ready to fly. It was great watching it lift off and
hover for the first time. Although we didn't get to
actually fly ourselves this time we had a great time
and are really looking forward to our first solo flights.
-American McGee (firstname.lastname@example.org)